Teen Summer Reading Club 2020
Rules and Regulations
- Teen Summer Reading Club is open to Brampton Library members between the ages of 13 and 18.
Book Logging & Book Reviews
- Earn 10 points for each book logged. Only books you read between June 1 and September 8 2020 are eligible.
- Book reviews will be screened (no offensive language please) prior to being published. Published reviews will be shown in a sidebar to share what you're reading with other participants.
- Each week, one review will be selected as the Best Original Review of the Week. The author of the review will be awarded 50 bonus points.
- Points can be earned by logging books, reading titles from recommended reading lists, and completing grand prize missions. Point values vary according to difficulty.
- Cheating: If we determine your challenge submission is not your own (eg. uploading a found image instead of your own work, plagiarizing a review, not answering the question appropriately, etc.) we will remove the points you earned for that challenge.
- Club members can earn a maximum of 300 points per day.
- Early Bird Prizes - Everyone who registers for the Teen Summer Reading Club before July 8 is eligible for the Early Bird Prize. We will draw one winner per Brampton Library branch, who will receive a free to Wet 'n' Wild Toronto. Winners will be contacted in early July. Wet 'n' Wild Toronto has assured us they will honour these passes in 2020 or 2021.
- Grand Prizes - For a chance to win one of the 3 grand prizes, you must complete a minimum of 7 challenges associated with the prize mission. If you are determined to have cheated on any of those challenges, you will no longer be considered eligible for the grand prize.
- Grand prize draws will take place after the program is complete in early September.
- The participant with the most points earned at the end of the Teen Summer Reading Club will be awarded a $150 Indigo gift card. In the event that multiple participants have the same number of points, one winner will be randomly chosen from the finalists.
- Winners' accounts will be reviewed by library staff to ensure that challenges and book logging have been completed appropriately.
- If the highest point total winner is determined to have cheated on any of their challenges, or has a history of suspicious logging, they will no longer be considered eligible for the highest point earner prize.
- If your name is drawn as a prize winner, we will contact you by phone and/or email to let you know. You will have four weeks to pick up the prize or contact the library to let us know when you will be able to pick it up. If we have not heard from you after four weeks, we will draw another winner.
Check out our FAQ page, which may have the answer to your question.
If you're still not sure, click on the grey question mark in the bottom right-hand corner to send us a message.